Writing well is not a talent. It’s a skill that can be learned with hard work, practice, and practical help. And it’s a skill that will help you in your emails, blogging, sermon writing, speech writing, or whenever you use words to convey a message.
If you want your words to have more power and more impact, Write Away is for you. It offers practical suggestions for improving your writing skills by tackling topics like:
- Focused writing — What’s your goal when you write?
- Strong verbs — The difference between ‘walk’ and ‘strut’ is vast
- Notorious homonyms — Do you know when to use its or it’s, you’re and your?
- Literary devices — It’s one of the reasons why MLK’s ‘I have a dream’ speech was so extraordinary
- Tightening your writing — How to get rid of unnecessary words or expressions
- Rhythm — Why sometimes sentences or paragraphs don’t work, despite being grammatically correct
- Tone — What’s your underlying message?
Write Away is written by Rachel Blom, published youth ministry author, blogger, and staff writer for ChurchMag.
With tons of tips and tricks and exercises to help you practice what you’ve learned, Write Away is your guide to become a better writer.